Self Introductory Email


To: Brad Blackstone
From: Goh Wei Xian
Date: January 18, 2018
Subject: Self-Introduction

Dear Brad,

Hope this finds you well. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you. I am currently a second-year hospitality business undergraduate from Singapore Institute of Technology. I was previously from Pioneer Junior College. However, being the free spirit I am, I could not allow myself to be bonded by the strict rules and regulations of the Junior College education system. Hence, made a transfer to Singapore Polytechnic after a year.

My friends would describe me as an outgoing individual with a loud personality. I am often very direct about my opinions and thoughts. Despite my best intentions, my comments are often viewed as negative criticism. That is why I aim, in this class, to learn and develop a more tactful approach to convey my opinions.

I would like to believe that I am a strong individual when it comes to presentation and public speaking. I often find myself thinking about ways to better engage my audiences or creating a more effective method of persuasion. However, I realize a need to expand my bank of vocabulary and knowledge of the world if I am to further improve on my personal strengths.

I look forward to developing myself as an individual in this module.

Thank you and have a great day ahead.

Best Regards,
Wei Xian

Comments

  1. Dear Wei Xian,

    Thank you for this clear and concise letter. I appreciate the brevity of your ideas, even while I have a few questions about your experience.

    You mention, for example, that you left Pioneet JC and moved to SP. Why?

    In addition, what is it about communicating directly with others that makes it a challenge for you? Why aren't you able to deliver ideas without those being seen as critisicm? In short, why do you feel that tact eludes you?

    In terms of language use, this is a fluent post, with only a few minor errors:

    1. tone
    -- Hope this finds you well. >>> (informal tone when there is no subject) ?

    2. sentence structure
    -- Hence, made a transfer... >>> (no subject?)

    3. lack of parallel structure
    -- I often find myself thinking about ways to better engage my audiences or creating a more effective method of persuasion. >>> I often find myself thinking about ways to better engage my audience or create a more effective method of persuasion.

    These are minor suggestions for your revision.

    I look forward to working with you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wei Xian!

    I enjoyed reading your post and found it interesting that you were from a JC.

    I personally agree that you are more suitable for polytechnic life as I recalled that you were one of the facilitators for my class back in Singapore Polytechnic, and orientated us really well! Life seems more exciting in polytechnics compared to JCs where it is more academically-focused.

    I would also describe you as an outgoing person, friendly too. Continue being yourself and I am sure your close friends appreciate you for who you are.

    Best Regards
    Jin

    P.S. Nice sign off you got- "Wayne Enterprise". That cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Idol!

    I personally feel that you're a very charismatic person and you give an optimistic aura. That is why people love being around you. You would acknowledge everyone in school, walk up to a student and have a short conversation. You would always bring humour into the conversation and I believe that is a powerful tool in communication.

    In language wise, I'm not an expert myself so who am I to judge. To my best knowledge, I think it is great! I look forward to work with you this coming trimester and lets aim to achieve our goals together!

    Regards,
    Farhan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts